Flames in the Midst had some great results for the first 3 days of our experiment.
- Flames hit #1 on two separate genre lists (the pic to the left is from the top 100 Free Books in Urban Fantasy) and came close to breaking into the top 100 free books on Amazon.
- I had set a very high goal of reaching 10,000 downloads in five days. The first time I offered Flames for free, in four days more than 8,000 people downloaded the novel. This time around, the total number reached 1987—just shy of 2,000. Perhaps this is due to being a second free offer. It is also possible that offering the book at the beginning of the month played a part in these numbers. Despite the fact that Day 2 only brought a few hundred downloads, this was the day we hit the #1 spots in two fantasy genres. This makes me think that competition must have been very high during this period of time.
- On Monday, The Caffeinated Diva will review Flames in the Midst. I am interested to see if that will increase sales.
- For the rest of May, the price will remain at 99 cents.
- In June, I may raise the price by $1 or $2.
For now, it is a waiting game. Overall, I know the best chance for success is to get more books out. So while I wait to see the results of the experiment, I am busy writing. By July, the rough draft of Dreams in the Midst should be complete. I plan to include a few sneak peeks as I go. So, stay tuned, and thank you for your support on my journey!